Privacy & Cookies Policy (the “Policy”)
Control online behavioral advertising cookies on www.millionairessaying.com through the “Privacy Settings” option. For further details, refer to “Managing Cookies” in Section 10 below.
What is this Policy for?
This Policy explains how we protect and handle any information you provide to us, including via our websites mobile apps, communications by email and through social media, by telephone and in person. It also covers any information we receive from third parties. It also provides you with an overview of the rights you can exercise regarding what we do with your information.
By using our products and services, including browsing our websites, registering or logging in, we may use your information as outlined in this Policy.
Who we are
Millionaires saying is an international multichannel media company which is home to some of the most trending entertainment news.
We only publish content that has a reliable source and is backed up with evidence including but not limited to cited quotes and visual evidence of or related to the concerned individual.
- What kinds of information do we collect:
- The information you’ve provided to us:
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, including when you create an online account, subscribe to one of our titles, respond to one of our promotions, order or register your interest in one of our products, or post a comment under an article. This could be via your computer browser, via an app, by telephone, or by post.
- Information on your device:
We collect information from and about the device you are using when you interact with one of our websites, apps or other products/services, including adverts.
This may include:
(i) Device Type: Information about your operating system, hardware, software, browser type in order to tailor the experience to your device (e.g. screen resolution).
(ii) Device Operations: Information about your operations and behaviors performed on your device to tailor the experience based on how you or similar users have interacted with our content.
(iii) Unique identifiers: device IDs in order to save your preferences against an identifier to refer to on subsequent pages.
(iv) Device Settings: Information from your device’s setting such as access to your GPS location/Information related to the location of your device so that we know which version of the website to serve you;
(v) Network/connections: Your IP address, so that we can recognize if you have visited us before and allow your device to communicate with our websites and apps.
- Information about transactions made
If you purchase anything or make any other financial transactions on any of our websites/apps, we collect information about your purchase and ask for information including your name, e-mail address and delivery address to be forwarded on to the vendors who are responsible for delivering your order. This does not include payment information such as your credit/debit card number.
- Information from partners
Where you have registered or created an account with one of our websites, we may obtain information about you from other companies who have obtained your permission (through their own privacy policies) to share information about you. For more information about this, please see “Personalisation/Identifying Your Interests” in Section 2 below. We also obtain information about you via cookies placed on your device when you visit third-party websites, but only where you have given these partners appropriate permission.
- Social media:
If you log-in to our websites through a social media site, such as Facebook, you are granting permission to Facebook to share your user information with us. This will include your name, email address, date of birth, location, plus any other information you have permitted Facebook to share with third parties. If you remove the app from your Facebook account, we will no longer have access to this information.
- Information about other people
By supplying us with information about someone else, you confirm that they have authorized you to provide us with their information (including sensitive personal data) on their behalf.
Before you use “email a friend” or “share this article” buttons please make sure that anyone you wish to email or share with are happy for this to occur and expect to receive the email or article. You may only share the details of another person with us where you have their express permission.
- How we may use your information
- Delivering services
By using our websites, apps and other products and services, we may process your information for the purpose of providing you with such products and services and managing our relationship with you, which shall include (without limitation):
– communication with you: we communicate with you in relation to your account, service, service updates or other non-marketing communications;
– contacting you: When a checkout journey is not completed if you have provided your information;
– customer services and support;
– dealing with, and responding to you with regards to a comment that you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities;
– votes, competitions and polls;
– maintaining records of our communications ;
– customer reviews and market research.
– press complaints
Legal basis for these processing activities: Legitimate Interests
– running competitions effectively and informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions;
Legal basis for this processing activity: Contract
- Communicating with you
In accordance with your preferences and data protection legislation, we may use your information to send you direct marketing communications through post, telephone, email or SMS about our products and services, events and special offers.
Periodic newsletters about your chosen services, inform you of promotional offers and inform you about any changes to our products and services
Legal basis for processing this data: Consent/Legitimate Interests
- Personalisation/Identifying your interests
Personalisation is provided by using data you submit to us, cookies, IP addresses, web beacons or similar technologies in relation to the devices you use. This provides you with editorial content and/or advertising that we believe is more relevant to your interests. Please see Section 10 on Cookies below for more.
Legal basis for this processing activity: Legitimate Interests
- Tailored advertising
Sometimes we allow advertisers to show advertisements directly on our website and apps, which are tailored to you based on information they have obtained, such as your browsing history on their own websites.
Other times we will arrange for our customers to be shown advertisements on other websites or apps. These advertisements are tailored to you with information we have obtained from your browsing on our websites and apps via cookies.
Where we arrange for our customers to be shown advertisements, we use technological and contractual mechanisms to protect your cookie data and to ensure that your browsing data used for advertising is not used by advertisers or other website owners for other purposes, such as linking online behavioural advertising data with your contact details, unless you have provided the advertiser or another website with your express permission to do this.
When you are shown an advertisement, our advertising systems do not know who you are or your contact details (such as your name, email address or postal address).
Demographic information from your registration on our websites and apps (such as your age, gender, and city) may also be used to tailor the advertising we arrange to be shown. Your demographic information is not shared with advertisers.
We collect information about the devices you use when you visit our websites or use our apps, and we combine this information in order to better personalize the advertisements you see when you visit our properties on another device.
We may also target advertising on social media sites to specifically include customers who have registered for our products and services.
Legal basis for this processing activity: Consent
- Location-based services and advertising
Where we provide services that utilise your device’s location, such as local weather or news, your location will be determined either from a lookup of your IP address in a “GeoIP” database which lists information provided by your ISP (usually your closest town or borough) or your precise location directly from the device (such as through GPS or Wifi on mobile devices) where you have granted permission for us to access this location information via your device settings. We use such information to provide you with a more tailored, relevant experiences when using our websites/apps.
Where you have granted permission to access your device’s location and consented to us to use your data for advertising purposes, this location information may be used to tailor the advertising you receive, including showing you certain advertisements when you are in the vicinity of a particular location.
Legal basis for this processing activity: Consent
- Measurement and analytics
We may use certain information (such as the websites that you visit and advertisements you see or click on) to help advertisers and other promotional partners measure the effectiveness and distributions of their advertisements and promotions.
Legal basis for this processing activity: Legitimate Interests/Consent
- Improving our services and products
We may use your information to monitor and improve our products, content, and services. This may include (without limitation):
– developing the design and style of our products and services to make improvements
– carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis to inform our strategic development
– blocking disruptive use and ensuring the security of our products and services
If you have registered on our websites or apps, we may analyze the information we hold on you in aggregate with our other customers to improve our advertising systems.
Legal basis for this processing activity: Legitimate Interests
- Message boards, blogs, and other public forums
Our websites may provide message boards, blogs, and other user-generated content facilities. Anything that you share will become public information. You should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Legal basis for processing this data: Consent
- Regulatory compliance
We may share your personal data with the Audit Bureau of Circulations Ltd so they can verify aggregated statistics about circulation and usage of our products or review our policies, processes, and procedures for compliance with relevant standards.
Legal basis for processing this data: Legitimate Interest
- Legal Bases for processing your data
Contract: We process some of your data as a necessary part of performing our contractual obligations to you.
Consent: If we require your consent, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason we need it.
Legitimate Interests: Where this is the case, we have considered the impact using your information may have on you, and limited our use to only what is strictly necessary.
- How we may share your information
- Sharing with third-party partners
Vendors: When you purchase goods or services from us, we partner with specialist companies to fulfill your order and provide certain customer services. This includes vendors who you may have bought something from and specialist companies who assist us in obtaining ratings and reviews of the product(s) and/or service(s). We usually remain the data controller of your information and the other companies only process data under our instructions and cannot use the information for their own purposes. If one of our third-party partners acts as data controller of your personal data (whether or not as a data controller in common with us) we will let you know before you register for the service.
Promotions: Sometimes we bring you promotions in association with other companies. If you enter such promotions, the other company will use the information you submit and we provide to them as a data controller in line with their own privacy policies.
Affiliates: We regularly partner with industry affiliates to bring you special deals on products and packages you may find of interest. These providers collect marketing permissions for us and share data back with us about your purchases in order for us to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
If you decide to book a holiday with an affiliate, use their advisory services or set up an account, or purchase a financial product, these affiliates will be data controllers of the information.
Advertisers: We may provide third-party advertisers with reports containing aggregate statistical data about our customers’ use of our websites and apps to determine the kinds of people viewing their ads and how they are performing. This aggregated data does not include contact details (such as names, addresses or email addresses) that can be used to personally identify you or contact you.
OBA Partners: In order to arrange for our customers to be shown tailored advertisements on other websites or apps, we share cookie information we have obtained from your browsing activities on our properties with the partners.
Change of Control: We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this Policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganization of our business.
- Details of transfers to third countries and safeguards
Any organization who has access to your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by contractual restrictions and/or technical limitations to make sure they protect your information and comply with applicable data protection legislation.
- How our brands work together
Our affiliate brands share infrastructure, systems and technology and all fall under the data control of Millionaires Media. These brands work together to understand how our users interact with our products and services and to share insights to improve our products and services.
- How can you exercise your rights under the GDPR
- Access: If you wish to exercise your right to access a free copy of your data, you can contact us.
- Deletion: You may contact us for this purpose (see section 12). However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it.
- Rectification: If you wish to update or rectify your data, you can do this directly by accessing your account settings.
- Revoke consent: If you wish to object to the processing of your data for direct marketing or online behavioral advertising purposes, you can opt-out by updating your settings or, for direct marketing, clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email or newsletter you receive from us.
- Objection to automated profiling: If you wish to opt-out of use of information for personalization purposes, adjust your account settings or contact us directly.
- Objection to legitimate interests: If you wish to object to our processing of your data where we are pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party please contact us as at the contact details provided below stating the nature of and reasons for such objection.
- Complain: You also have the right to lodge a complaint about us with our supervisory authority.
If you are contacting us to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR, you will have to provide valid proof of identification. We are required to respond to your request within 1 month.
- Data retention and account deletion
We store your data for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose under which such data was collected. It is determined on a case by case basis, depending on things such as the nature of the data provided, why it was collected, the legal basis we rely upon to process the data, and our relevant legal or operation retention requirements.
- Children & young people
Our websites, apps and other products and services are not aimed at children as our target audience is over 13.We request that you do not provide us with your information and do not use our websites and apps if you are under the age of 13.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13, please contact us if you are aware that your child has used our websites or apps or otherwise provided their information to us without your consent. We will delete or otherwise cease processing your child’s personal information within a reasonable time.
If you are aged 13, 14 or 15, we request that you seek your parent or guardian’s permission before providing us with your information or using our websites or apps.
In accordance with industry best practice guidelines, we may retain your information for a reasonable amount of time to make sure that we do not contact you in the future.
When you use our websites and apps we may collect information using cookies or similar technologies.
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognize you. This allows websites to tailor what you see on the screen.
Do you use other technologies which are similar to cookies?
Yes, we use the following:
- Web beacons: Our websites, apps, and emails often contain small invisible images known as ‘web beacons’ or ‘tracking pixels’. These are used in a way similar to cookies to:
– understand when a particular part of a webpage, email or app is viewed,
– understand how successful an article or an email marketing campaign has been
– verify any clicks through to links or advertisements contained in emails
- Flash cookies: In certain situations, we use Adobe Flash Player to deliver video clips. Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies) are used to provide functions such as remembering your settings and preferences.
- Tracking URLs: These are web links that allow us to measure when a link is clicked on. They help us measure the effectiveness of campaigns and advertising and the popularity of articles that are read.
- Device identifiers: We use device identifiers on mobile devices in the same way as cookies are used on web browsers. A device identifier is a unique number on your device which allows us to remember your device.
Cookies and other online tracking technologies are an important part of the internet. They make using websites much smoother and affect lots of the useful features of websites.
There are many different uses for cookies, but for within our sites, they fall into the following groups:
(i) Cookies that are needed to provide the service you have asked for (Essential)
Some cookies are essential so you can move around our websites and use their features. Without the use of these cookies, parts of our websites would not function.
(ii) Cookies that collect information about your choices and preferences (Functional / Preference)
These cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember things like:
(iii) Cookies used to understand how people use our products and services (Analytics)
We use analytics cookies to gather information about what pages, links, and sections of our apps are popular and which ones don’t get used so much to help us keep our sites relevant and up to date. They are also useful to be able to identify trends of how people navigate our sites so we can identify improvements to make to the customer journey
We may combine information collected by analytics cookies with other information that you provide to us. For instance, if you have registered for an account with us, we may combine your contact details other information you provide us with the browsing history from your device collected by analytics cookies (including data collected from before you registered and when you are signed-out).
We may also use this combined information to improve our products and services. For instance, we may analyze this information in aggregate to improve our advertising systems.
(iv) Cookies used to show advertising that is relevant to you (Tracking and Advertising)
Some advertising, known as “online behavioral advertising” is tailored to you and uses information collected by the first party and third party cookies based on your web browsing activity. Cookies are placed on your browser to remember the websites you have visited. Advertising based on what you have been looking at is then displayed to you when you visit websites who use the same advertising networks.
To help us deliver relevant advertising using cookies, we use Google Double Click. Click here to find out more about Google Double Click.
We also use these cookies in order to:
- know how many advertisements we serve, how many times these are clicked or hovered over with a mouse cursor, how many advertisements we show to a given user and how many customer actions these generate.
- understand which customers reach a sale or other action page on an advertiser’s site. This allows us to monitor how many sales or actions we achieve for an advertising client, and therefore, how effective our advertising is.
- protect our advertisers’ brands, we often use a technology that scans the page to ascertain that it is safe from profane, sensitive & potentially brand-negative topics, before serving an ad there. This process is called “ad verification”.
Do Not Track: Our websites do not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) browser settings.
You can change your cookie settings on this website at any time via your Privacy Settings.
Please note that this consent tool is not supported on certain versions of Internet Explorer. Please change your browser in order to exercise your rights under the GDPR.
Cookies can also be controlled using the following instructions:
- Mobile Devices: When using a mobile device, you can opt-out of receiving online behavioral advertising by selecting ‘Limit Ad Tracking’ in the Settings of your Apple iPhone or iPad, or the “Opt out of interest-based ads” in the Settings on your Android device. You may also be able to reset your unique identifier used for online behavioral advertising (referred to as an “Advertising ID”) in the Settings on your Apple or Android device.
How To Opt Out
At any instance, if you opt not to get the email, mail or telephone solicitations originated by Millionaires Saying, or if you want to keep your information private from third parties for advertising purposes, please email us at [email protected]
Millionaires saying offer email newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter.