Will Smith is a name that is known to the world for spreading smiles and wisdom whenever he appears on the screen and even behind the cameras. Today, the 50-year old American actor and rapper stands as one of the most influential Hollywood personalities and the credit for his humongous success definitely goes to the unbeatable charm and flamboyant attitude that he carries with ease.
Of course, one can watch his movies over and over again, but it is Will’s own words about real life that can touch any soul more than his dialogues. If you are looking to get inspired or hoping for a way out from bad situations, then Will Smith will always have something special for you.
This time, Will wants to help everyone who is in their 20s. While adult life is extremely hard, these are the years which can make or break your life. In fact, if we see it from a better perspective, then every person gets to live their best life only during the twenties as the world feels like heaven and hell at the same time. So, to get the most out of the years that matter, Will’s mantras can serve as magic if you apply them in the right way.
1. “Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity”
Our dreams should always remain the most important thing for us. A lot of times people give up on their dreams when they face the reality of life. Majority of us also trade our passion with better offers. But if you haven’t been able to achieve your dream within the circumstances, then you will always live a mediocre life.
2. “The things that have been the most valuable to me, I did not learn in school”
Life teaches you what schools can’t. Real life experiences and interactions are the only ways which really add more value to who you are as a person.
3. “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people- the ones who really belong in your life- will come to you. And stay”
The biggest challenge in your 20s will always be of being in the right relationships and friendships. With so many options around, your job is to stay focused. Those who like you for who you are will always stay, whereas others will always find a reason.
4. “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions”
Moving on with interactions, Smith wants you to have fewer expectations because in the end, it gives others the opportunity to control you. The only person you need is yourself.
5. “The First Step Is You Have To Say You Can”
You will get all the opportunities in the world throughout your 20s. But along with all such perks, there will always be doubts and uncertainties. If you really want to achieve anything, then it all begins with confidence that should tell you every day that you can do this.
6. “Love is the ultimate theme, but it’s just not for women”
Love is a universal word but unfortunately, more often than not, it gets attached to women only. Your dreams, aspirations, work, achievements and every little thing which matters to you deserve your love.
7. “We spend money that we do not have, on things we do not need, to impress people we don’t like”
While we are trying to create an image of ourselves and keeping up to it, we are losing ourselves to hypocrisy.
8. “There is no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A”
Focus and perseverance are Smith’s personal favourite tools that he wants you to adopt. It’s better to fail with plan A, work hard and try again rather than giving up.
9. “When you’re wondering what to say, or how you look, just remember, she is already out with you. That means, she said yes, when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to make her like you, it’s your job not to mess it up”
Of course, first dates are hard but you don’t need to try too much to impress. Being yourself will always be the key towards success anytime, anywhere (especially with girls)
10. “There are two kinds of people in this world; hammers and nails. You decide what to be”
Smith himself rose from the ashes and he reached this position with his own rules. People always remember the one who inspires them with character.
Will indeed deserves a separate Oscar for such thought-provoking lessons.